Asparagus and Quinoa Salad | New Season | Cooksmart | Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana
Watch this video to find out how to make this recipe.
ASPARAGUS AND QUINOA SALAD
A healthy salad made with quinoa, asparagus, apricots and capsicums
8-10 asparagus, blanched, tips trimmed and reserved
1 cup quinoa
Salt to taste
2 large spring onion bulbs
4-5 golden apricots
Juice of 1 lemon
½ medium red capsicum
1 small green capsicum, chopped
Freshly crushed black peppercorns to taste
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Heat 2 cups water in a non-stick pan, add quinoa and salt, cover and cook.
2. Roughly chop spring onion bulbs. Chop apricots. Halve the lemon and remove seeds.
3. Keep the asparagus tips for garnish and chop the stalks. Cut the red capsicum into small cubes.
4. Put spring onions, asparagus, red capsicum, green capsicum and apricots in a bowl. Add crushed black peppercorns and lemon juice and mix well. Add extra virgin olive oil and salt and mix well.
5. When the quinoa is done, add it to the vegetables in the bowl and mix well.
6. Put the salad into martini glasses, garnish with asparagus tips and serve.
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware. Buy Now on : https://goo.gl/eB9kQq
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ChefSanjeevKapoor
Twitter : https://twitter.com/sanjeevkapoor