Pumpkin Pancakes | New Season | Cooksmart | Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana
The popular pancakes made special with pumpkin
250 gms red pumpkin (kaddu), peeled, seeded, cut into cubes and boiled
1 cup refined flour (maida)
Salt to taste
1 tsp baking powder
Freshly crushed black peppercorns to taste
2 spring onion bulbs
6 button mushrooms
3 tbsps oil
1 tsp chopped garlic
1 tsp chopped ginger
10 cherry tomatoes
2 tbsps fresh cream
1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
1 fresh thyme sprig
A little fresh parsley
1. Put most of the pumpkin pieces in a hand blender jar and puree. Transfer the puree into a bowl, add refined flour, salt, baking powder, crushed black peppercorns and mix. Add sufficient water and mix to a smooth and thick batter. Rest the batter for 15 minutes.
2. Roughly chop spring onion bulbs, quarter mushrooms.
3. Heat 2 tbsps oil in one non-stick pan and 1 tbsp oil in another non-stick pan.
4. Pour a ladle full of batter in the first pan, spread it and let it cook on medium heat.
5. To the second pan put add spring onions, mushrooms, garlic and ginger and saute. Halve the cherry tomatoes and add and saute everything together till they soften slightly.
6. Add salt, crushed black peppercorns and mix.
7. When the underside of the pancake is done, flip it over and cook the other side similarly.
8. Add fresh cream, grated parmesan cheese and leaves of thyme to the tomato mixture and mix well.
9. Remove the pancake from the pan and place on a serving plate. Place half the vegetable mixture over it on one side, garnish with little parsley, and fold the other side over. Place a few boiled pumpkin pieces on top and serve hot.
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware. Buy Now on : https://goo.gl/eB9kQq
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ChefSanjeevKapoor
Twitter : https://twitter.com/sanjeevkapoor